Google Analytics

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Who needs an ad agency when you have fans?

Wow. Most all very creative, engaging, thought provoking, and pretty much 100% wrong. This scares the crap out of me.

Organizing for America has have posted the 20 finalist videos for their Health Reform Video Challenge. The winner of which will receive

One (1) winner will receive the following prize: All or part of the winner's Video (defined below) may be used in a television advertisement associated with Sponsor's health reform campaign (approximate retail value: $0).

This is the reason Obama won the election over everyone else (not just McCain). He knew how to harness the close connection to his supporters the internet provides. Need a well produced ad? Have no money? No problem. Just ask for it and the infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters theory takes care of the rest.

And in watching these videos, the one thing I can’t figure out is why they keep harping on the “If I lose my job, I lose my insurance” point without actually addressing why it is that way. As I’ve written before, I think the tax break on insurance purchases that businesses receive and individuals don’t is maybe the single largest culprit in this whole mess.

(Oh, and $0 value for the winner? really?)

No comments: