Google Analytics

Friday, September 11, 2009

A letter from the Prez

To my email I registered at his grass roots site. It’s a quick Rah!Rah! note asking for help lobbying Congress to follow his plan, but one thing stuck out to me

I just finished laying out my plan for health reform at a joint session of Congress. Now, I'm writing directly to you because what happens next is critical -- and I need your help.

Change this big will not happen because I ask for it. It can only come when the nation demands it. Congress knows where I stand. Now they need to hear from you.

The heart of my plan is simple: bring stability and security to Americans who already have health insurance, guarantee affordable coverage for those who don't, and rein in the cost of health care.
Tonight, I offered a specific plan for how to make it happen. I incorporated the best ideas from Democrats and Republicans to create a plan that's bold, practical, and represents the broad consensus of the American people.

I’m very curious to see what specific Republican ideas he incorporated into his plan. I have yet to hear him talk at all about

  1. reducing interstate barriers to purchasing health care
  2. offering tax breaks to individuals that businesses get to make health care portable
  3. tort reform

This just seems more of the same old “Can’t we all stop bickering and agree that I’m right?” that he seems so fond of.

Update: Oops, I missed the lip service to tort reform.

No comments: