Seeing as Texas only allows our legislature to get together every 2 years (it keeps them from doing too much damage at once), we usually have a lot of local press when the new batch of laws go into effect. Some of the new ones happening this week
- Texas landowners may now shoot feral hogs and coyotes on their land from helicopters. Anyone have a chopper I can borrow?
- You can now legally leave your weapon in your car at your place of business.
- Increased speed limits, its only gonna be +5 MPH but hey that’s another 5! (and lifting the night time restrictions)
- Easier access to testing of DNA for people convicted already of a crime and new requirements around preserving bio evidence long term. This will help out anyone that the Dallas DAs office hasn’t gotten to yet
- Outlawing caltrops, really? Do I need to turn in my spindle of barbed wire too?
- New sexting laws – haven't read this one thoroughly but at least it has provisions for near-age or spousal partners.
- Newly illegal designer drugs