Google Analytics

Monday, November 16, 2009

Oh, I’m just a bill (nitpick)

I recently heard the old favorite I’m Just a Bill from Schoolhouse Rock and maybe its just the riled up libertarian in me, but this struck me as odd. The part where they describe how the whole process starts says

Bill: Well I got this far. When I started, I wasn't even a bill, I was just an idea. Some folks back home decided they wanted a law passed, so they called their local Congressman and he said, "You're right, there oughta be a law." Then he sat down and wrote me out and introduced me to Congress

The accompanying image is

image

The problem is that this is clearly not the purview of Congress. Local school bus traffic laws don’t really fall anywhere under any section of the Constitution.

But maybe what everyone should go watch (many for the first time) is a little known song from the same series called Tyrannosaurus Debt (lyrics only here)

Tyrannosaurus Debt

No comments: